Wednesday, June 22, 2011

thoughts of chasing lost dogs

shared by Arlene Rabuy, her sister

In the summer of 1998, Cyn and Linh bought a black and white Siberian Husky from a breeder. His official name was Nanook of the Aurora Borealis, but we just called him Nanook; and he was Cyn's dog. When Cyn left for college, I took over caring for Nanook.

He was a happy dog that loved people, especially kids. I thought he had run away one day, but I eventually found him walking with a kid to his bus stop the next morning. He was a little mischievous too, evidenced by a couple of trips I had to make to animal services to bail him out. He was a true people dog with a free spirit... not unlike his "mom".

Nanook left us in February of 2004. I'm guessing that these days, he can be found happily frolicking around somewhere with Cyn.

1 comment: